- LIGHTING CONTROL CHANNELS
- FireFly® model FF-151 is a premium single channel digital lightning simulator with many advanced features not found elsewhere at any price. It is microprocessor-controlled, utilizing the latest in ARM Cortex M series processors. It may be used for lightning simulation or dimming mode to simulate a potential power outage.
- MAXIMUM POWER
- In lightning mode, the FF-151 can handle up to 2,000 watts. The maximum wattage in the dimmer mode is 1,000 watts.
- ELECTRICAL ISOLATION
- To protect the user, connected equipment and the unit itself, the FF-151 utilizes a modular internal switch-mode low-voltage power supply as well as optical isolation to separate high voltage from the audio and logic circuitry. Audio ground and earth ground have been isolated from each other for further safety.
- Low voltage sections operate from an electrically isolated switch mode power supply. The main power is fused. Internal surge suppression is provided. An opto-isolator protects the microprocessor from high-voltage circuitry. The audio section is protected by transient voltage suppression diodes.
- LIGHTS SUPPORTED
- All FireFly® units are designed to support a variety of lights. For best results, we recommend the Lights Alive ProLight™ 400. Other lights supported include incandescent, halogen, most dimmable CFL, many dimmable LEDs and even cold cathode bulbs.
- In order to insure that lights react quickly and cover a wide dynamic range, a threshold (warming) voltage is user adjustable via a front panel LCD display. In the dimming mode, the maximum brightness of the dimmer channel can also be set through the same LCD panel.
- FACTORY DEFAULT
- n the unlikely event that you need some assistance getting back to a known working configuration, a factory default selection is available from the LCD panel. This insures that you can be back up and running in seconds.
- CONTROL METHOD
- By using sound activated digital forward phase cut dimming, the intensity of the connected lights directly corresponds with the amplitude (volume) of the thunder.
- All adjustments are achieved via the LCD display. This provides more consistency and easier operation. The FACTORY DEFAULT option allows you to be back in operation in seconds, in the event that you have a setup issue. All settings are remembered by non-volatile memory when the unit is powered down, so it resumes operation with the same setting as when it was powered down.
- SOUND INPUT
- Audio input and output are via 1/8” (3.5mm) rear mounted stereo audio jacks. Impedance is a nominal 10k input and 1k output. Recommended input level is 1v peak-to-peak. Suitable input sources include MP3 players, laptops, most audio repeaters, CD/DVD decks and most other line level or earphone level sources.
- AUDIO CONTROL OPTIONS
- The FF-151 is normally controlled by a combination of left and right channel audio. But it can be set to react to only left channel or right channel audio. Stereo audio is still output to your sound system regardless of your audio selection for controlling the connected lights.
- TEST MODE
- The test mode allows you to test the output section of your FF-151 as well as your connected lights and wires. Please consult your manual for details.
- The FF-151 is housed in a stackable flame retardant black ABS housing with a UL94V-0 flame rating. Enclosure size is 5.25” (deep) x 9.18” (long)” x 2.36” (high).
- IN THE BOX
- Included with the FireFly® FF-151 are a detailed instruction manual and a thunder CD composed by Virgil Franklin, well-known musical composer with a passion for the haunt world.
- MADE IN AMERICA
- The FireFly® FF-151 is proudly designed and manufactured in the United States by Lights Alive
- Lights Alive provides a three (3) year limited warranty on the FF-151 hardware and free lifetime technical support. We will repair or replace (at our option) any unit that fails within 3 years of the date of purchase due to defects in materials or workmanshi
- UPGRADE PATH
- Regardless of its age, Lights Alive currently offers up to 50% of your documented purchase price toward the purchase of any higher model FireFly lightning controller. Simply call or email us for details on how to return your existing unit. We’ll send you an invoice for the new model and ship it to you immediately upon receipt of the upgrade costs. This offer may be modified or discontinued without notice and is good only for upgrades purchased directly from Lights Alive.
- FireFly® is housed in a stackable case, making it easy so stack multiple units into a single neat unit. Soon there will be companion audio products in the same stackable cases.
Be the first to review this product.